Sunday, November 4, 2012

Advent Calendar


Close To My Heart came out with an amazing Advent Calendar that I started working on today.  I think it is so cute and can't wait to finish it and fill it up with little goodies for my kids!

One problem I ran into- I couldn't find my StazOn Black ink pad anywhere, so I tried to just use regular black ink- I do not recommend it!  The ink never quite "dried" and was smearing everwhere.  I stopped after completing these 4 boxes so I could order the StazOn ink pad and finish.  I am just going to leave these how they are for this year, and make new boxes next year if they get too smeared.  I also used glue dots as my adhesive instead of liquid glass as suggested.  I thought the glue dots would be a little neater and wouldn't have to wait for them to dry.

Here is a complete list of Close To My Heart supplies needed to complete your Advent Calendar:

StazOn Black Ink! (Z888), Workshop on the Go Advent Calendar Kit (G1044), Cricut Artiste Cartridge (Z1790), and an adhesive of your choice.  If you want to use your own paper, or make it for non-Christmas use, you can buy the cubby box by itself (Z1804).  I have thought about making one for my kids as chore completion treats. 

I would love to hear what you think or hear your ideas on what else this cute cubby could be used for!

2 comments:

  1. Great job so far and thanks for the heads up on the ink, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shirley! Hopefully they will last and I can just make new boxes next year if it is too smeared!

    ReplyDelete